Skip the bits in blue for the time being 🙂
Arrival activity – 5 mins
This should be an activity that the kids can manage themselves.
It should give you time to set up the main of the session i.e. lay cones out etc (or at least most of it!)
Skills /warm-up (3-4 mins)
Short, sharp, intense – no break!!
Technical (10 mins)
Session (15 mins)
- Tell, Show, Demonstrate, Do – you can do this as they have a drink 😉
- Can you improve the session? Think STEP – Space, Time, Equipment, Players
- Can you adjust it so more kids are playing at the same time?
- Quick recap with the players to ehelp them bring it into the match
Match (20 mins)
Remember to split the match in two
- 10 mins game where you remind the players what you have learned (do this no more than 4-5 times and for 20 seconds each time)
- 10 mins free match (just let them play)
Review (5 mins)
“What was the session about?”
“Which bits didn’t you enjoy?”
“What bits did you enjoy?”
“What did you learn?”